Streaming your favorite movies and shows on Peacock is generally easy, and they include key features, such as subtitles and closed captioning. This feature is helpful, especially if viewers are deaf or have partial hearing loss. How do you turn subtitles or closed captioning on and off on Peacock?
There are different ways you can enable or disable subtitles and closed captioning on Peacock, such as from Peacock’s settings menu, your PC, iPhone, Andriod, or TV app. If you want to adjust your subtitles or closed captioning, you can do so while playing a movie or show on Peacock.
Knowing how to turn closed captioning and the subtitles on and off your Peacock account will be a lifesaver if you want to watch your favorite shows and movies in noisy areas or don’t have your earphones. Let’s look at how you can turn closed captioning and subtitles on and off on Peacock using different devices.
Disabling And Enabling Subtitles And Captions From Settings
If you want to disable or enable subtitles and closed captions before you start streaming on your Peacock account, you can do it from the settings menu.
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to Peacock’s settings menu on your chosen streaming device.
- Look under the general section, which is where you will find the “Accessibility” option.
- Go the the “Hearing/Auto” section.
- Click on “Subtitles & Captioning” or “Captions.” This will depend on the device you’re using to stream Peacock.
- From here, you will be able to customize the closed caption or subtitle settings as you’d like.
Turning Subtitles And Captions On And Off From A PC
The most well-known and popular way to stream Peacock amongst users is on their computer browsers. One of the primary reasons behind Peacock’s popularity is due to its user-friendliness, as well as its minimalist and intuitive user interface.
Therefore, you’ll find it extremely easy to locate the subtitles button if you’re busy watching a movie or show on Peacock TV using your computer’s browser.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your PC, sign in to your Peacock account through your browser.
- Choose the title you would like to stream and select it.
- Move your computer’s cursor across your screen. You will see the specific video playback option, which you will see at the bottom of your screen.
- In your browser window, in the corner on the left, click on an icon, which will be labeled “Comments.” The text will be yellow if you move over it with your cursor.
- You will see the pop-up menu appearing, which will show “Audio” and “Subtitles.” There will have a choice between “On,” “Off,” or “English.” Keep in mind that some titles will also have a “Spanish” option.
If you do not see the changes immediately, do not stress. The changes will be applied within about thirty seconds. If you see the subtitles have not loaded after this time, you can also refresh the page and check it again.
You can also disable and enable the subtitles and closed captioning if the movie or show is paused. The changes will still get applied.
Turning Subtitles And Captions On And Off On An iPhone
One of the best things about streaming platforms like Peacock is the option to stream on different devices. You have the option to watch any of their content using any device, including your iPhone.
However, keep in mind that if you are using your iPhone, you need to download it from the App Store.
To turn the subtitles or closed captioning on or off on your Peacock iPhone app, make sure to follow the steps below:
- Open the Peacock app and click on a show or movie to watch it.
- Using your finger, gently pull up to see the playback options at the bottom.
- Click on the icon named “text bubble,” which is, in this case, the subtitles button.
- Click on the choices, which will be “On” or “Off,” depending on if it is on or off already.
Keep in mind that it may be difficult to keep constant track of the dialog unless you are using headphones. On the other hand, many people regard subtitles as being a nuisance on their screens. You will usually be able to see the changes in 30 seconds or immediately.
Turning Subtitles And Captions On And Off On Apple TV
If you’re streaming Peacock on your Apple TV, you will need to use your TV’s remote to manage subtitles and closed captioning.
Let’s look at the steps involved:
- Click on the “Select” button on your Apple TV remote
- Several options will pop up on your TV screen. You can change the “audio language” as well as “subtitles.”
- Navigate to the “Subtitles” button using your remote and choose whether you want to turn them “Off” or “On.
If you use Roku, the steps will be the same.
How To Turn Subtitles And Captions On Or Off On Android
Many Andriod users enjoy Peacock TV’s wide range of quality content, but things are different when you need to turn your subtitles or caption on and off. Remember, you must first download the Peacock TV app from the Google Playstore.
If you are enabling or disabling the subtitles and captioning, the process remains quick and easy:
- Open the “Android Peacock TV app” and sign in to your Peacock TV account.
- Click on the show or movie you want to watch.
- Pull up to see the playback options using your finger.
- Gently tap on the “text bubble,” which is the subtitles button, and turn them either “Off” or “On.”
Peacock is well known for its user-friendliness, and turning subtitles and captions on and off as you go isn’t difficult once you get the hang of it. Keep in mind that the instructions may differ from device to device, and as long as you follow all the steps, it’ll become muscle memory for you in no time.